Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Unordinary Golf Course Reviews by Everyman

It's always difficult to remember the beginning of life, but I believe my golfing life began when I was about 15 years old. I hatched as a caddie, working at a private golf club in the Chicago area. I enjoyed the game so much that I eventually became a very poor golfer. After playing for 40 years, I'm proud to say, I haven't improved a lick. But really, the point is, golf is a game that can make a person cry... with sadness or happiness, sometimes without ever hitting a ball. It's a game for anyone of any age. The people shooting 73's aren't any happier than the people shooting 90's or triple figures. And I have a hole-in-one! Some guys playing golf on TV don't have a hole-in-one. Anyway, it's the best game and IT IS A SPORT. Some publications offer course reviews by professional golf writers. I'm going to provide a personalized list: 50 of some of the best courses in selected areas of the U.S.A. as evaluated by an average golfer. That is to say a guy that scores between 82 and 120. I've played all of these courses from coast to coast and I know golf. If any of these disappoint I'll eat your 3 iron (and your golf hat for dessert). IMPORTANT: If you don't like exquisite pain read no further. All course ratings given are from the tips (back tees) because we want to see the whole course, right? All costs quoted are non-guest rates because this is about the golf and not the lodging. Discount (i.e. twilight) rates are not included. Prices are quoted as accurately as possible. Contact the courses, most of which have online sites, for updates. If we're lucky, I may throw in some GOLF TIPS. So the great courses materialize in no particular order in further posts.

Visit my website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment