Tuesday, October 27, 2009

All Things Considered....

I would say these 20 are the best that I have played. (Means generally, by my criteria, difficult and beautiful.) For me to split hairs to determine #1 and #20 would be futile, as these are all heaven on earth. In no particular order then and listed by difficulty regarding slope rating:
THE BEAR, J. NICKLAUS, 148, MI
MONUMENT, T. WEISKOPF/J. MORRISH, 147, AZ
PRINCE, R. T. JONES, JR., 145, HI
PEBBLE BEACH, J. NEVILLE/D. GRANT (EAGAN), 144, CA
SPYGLASS HILL, R. T. JONES, SR., 143, CA
MAKALEI HAWAII, D. NUGENT, 143, HI
KEMPER LAKES, K. KILLIAN/D. NUGENT, 143, IL
COG HILL #4, D. WILSON/J. LEE (R. JONES), 142, IL
CHOLLA, T. WEISKOPF/J. MORRISH, 137, AZ
COTTON RANCH, P. DYE, 136, CO
FRANCIS H. I'I BROWN, H. FLINT/R. CAIN/R. NELSON, 135, HI
REDLANDS MESA, J. ENGH, 135, CO
BOULDERS NORTH, J. MORRISH, 135, AZ
KING'S COURSE, T. WEISKOPF/J. MORRISH, 133, HI
CRESTED BUTTE, R. T. JONES, JR., 133, CO
BANDON TRAILS, B. COORE/B. CRENSHAW, 132, OR
CATAMOUNT RANCH, T. WEISKOPF, 132, CO
PACIFIC DUNES, T. DOAK, 129, OR
ENTRADA, J. MILLER, 127, UT
SAND HILLS, B. COORE/B. CRENSHAW, NONE, NE
Honorable mention, Black Mesa, B. Spann, 141, NM
() indicate reworked or upgraded

Well, even though they don't count on the domestic list, I'd love to add some of the great British Isles courses to my memories. In this country, Pete Dye's (Straits) Whistling Straits in Wisconsin would be nice. I'd like to try Tom Doak and Jim Urbina's new one in Oregon next year.

Visit my web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment