Monday, November 9, 2009

LVII Review of "Wolf Creek"


WOLF CREEK, Mesquite, Nevada: People rave about this course, and I see why, but it's too difficult for me. A player who is very accurate and not mortal might handle it. I'm afraid that I have a better chance at the Mesquite slot machines. This course has a well deserved spot on Golf Digest's "America's 50 Toughest Courses", ranked below Spyglass and The Bear (I disagree, I finished those two), which are reviewed previously. It's described there as a fantasy golf calendar come to life. Yes, true. The landscape is surrealistically superb. From the tips the slope rating is just one point below maximum possible. Maybe next time I'll try the 4100 yardage. I didn't record a score as I ran out of balls, so I can't really say it's the hardest course that I've ever played. If I hadn't taken my clubs I think I would have loved it! RATINGS: 75.4/154 COST: $85 (summer)-$195 including cart

Visit my website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment